Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hi everyone

Imagine, twice in one week!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I can't believe it was warm enough to eat the turkey dinner out on the deck.  I don't believe it has ever been that warm.  We've been so lucky.

I have a photo of the candle that Isabel will be doing in the Metal Art class on Nov. 12, 1:30-4pm.  The pic doesn't do it justice, but I was having difficulty getting the metal to look like metal and the candle got lost in the translation ;-)













I also was able to make two cards in the last few days.  The first was done using the Create-a-Card background stamps from Impression Obsession.  I used the snowflake background, and stamped in white onto Kraft coloured paper.  I dried it quickly with a heat tool, and then applied Colorbox Evergreen pigment ink to the pine bough stamp and stamped over the snowflakes.  I then embossed with Rainbow Sparkle EP.  I used a pine branch from our Stocking #2 set and again stamped in Evergreen and embossed in Rainbow Sparkle.  I stamped the ornament in clear and embossed in gold.  I coloured the ball with Tombow markers and tied it with a two-coloured ribbon.  I then used foam tape for the branch layer and the ornament.  I also turned the ornament over onto a hard foam mat and used the very large stylus tip from Marvy to give the rounded dimensional look.






































For the Church scene, which was also an Impression Obsession stamp, I stamped in brown Staz-On and coloured the snow, moon and roofline using US Artquest white pearlized mica paint.  The background and the church was coloured with Tombow markers.  I used a permanent brown marker to do the branches in the trees as they are so fine and it would be easy to run over the lines and blur the colour.  Finally I coloured the cross in a gold gel pen.  I cut just the church out and mounted it on foam for a more dimensional look.

Enjoy the warm weather while you can!

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment